So, I wanted to take a few minutes to note some veterans.
- My cousin Paul Bauschpies was a Marine.
- My cousin Michael DiVietro is still a crew chief in the USAF.
- Doug Pettit, my brother-in-law, served in the reserves.
- Ralph Thompson, another brother-in-law, was in the Marine reserves.
- And of course, my grandfather Jack Volkert. (He served overseas during World War II without seeing his family or friends for three years. In his day, you rotated home when you were dead or the war was over.)
Of course, I have countless friends who also served or are serving. Although God had other plans for me (and I tried to join the military several ways, but the Lord knew better), I have been privileged to know so many who protect us.
Gentlemen (and ladies), your service – whether wartime or peace, whether combat or support – is a bulwark of our liberty.