And I am unapologetic that I am a Christian who believes:
- The Bible – both Old Testament and New Testament – are the Word of God, which reveals the truth of God and his salvation.
- The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the Creator of the universe, the originator of all that is good, and the judge of all that is evil.
- Mankind is sinful, separated from God and in need of a Savior.
- Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ who was crucified for the sins of the world, rose from the dead, ascended to heaven and will return to claim His kingdom.
- The Church is Christ’s body on earth, the gathering of his followers under the authority of his apostles.
- There is an eternal destiny for the righteous and the unrighteous – the righteous to eternal fellowship with Christ and the unrighteous to eternal condemnation.
All that said, I am so confident in the truth that there is nothing to be feared from dialogue with those who do not agree. We should not shut down conversations because of what we believe or hide our beliefs to win favor. We should celebrate our faith while showing compassion to those of other faiths.