God the Spirit
We believe that the Spirit proceeds from the Father and He is sent by Jesus to draw us to him and to guide us actively in our lives. This Spirit is a person of the divine nature.
- He is credited with the creation of the world, the giver of both physical and spiritual life [Genesis 1:2, Genesis 2:7, 1 Peter 3:18]
- He convicts the world of sin and righteousness.
- He indwells all believers [Romans 8:9]
- He baptizes all believers into Christ’s body [1 Corinthians 12:13]
- He unites believers into the one church
- He produces spiritual fruit in the believer’s life
- He guides the believer into truth
- He inspired the writing of the Scriptures and opens our understanding of themso they might be read and understood in all ages.
By definition, God’s Spirit is a bit indescribable. The best we can hope to do is to describe some of the things he does but there is no way we could exhaust everything the Spirit is or does.