Our daughter Ariel turned four today. It is hard to believe four years have passed since the ordeal of her birth. Because I have nothing else to blog about today, allow me to relate some embarrassing facts.
- Nichole went into the hospital on July 29 and was in labor for two days. We left the hospital on August 5.
- The resident doctor who assisted in Ariel’s birth looked like she was 15 or 16.
- Ariel was not a natural birth because her head was (and still is) huge. THANK YOU DIVIETRO GENES!
- During the Caesarian section, Ariel actually escaped from the doctors and attempted to hide by climbing up into Nic’s rib cage – causing Nic significant discomfort.
- After the birth, I went to Dunkin’ Donuts and actually fell asleep standing up at the counter.
- Ariel did not enjoy eating (still doesn’t) and would not latch on to her mother’s breast. She would just get comfy and fall asleep. At one point, a lactation nurse actually stripped her of her clothes and shook her to wake her up! My reaction was the closest I’ve ever come to killing another human being.
- Both of my sisters also had baby girls in 2004.